Students enrolling in the IT-Software Developer program for the Fall, 2017 term will be required to possess their own laptop computer as part of their program requirements. Students may purchase the laptop of their choice, provided it meets the following minimum specifications:
- Intel Core i3 processor (or better)
- 8GB RAM (or greater)
- 200 GB available memory (SSD drive preferred)
- 13” Display (or larger)
- Windows 7 OS (or more recent Windows OS)
To accommodate this requirement, a selection of HP laptop computers will be available for pre-order via the Campus Store starting on July 31, 2017. Laptops are available for purchase by all NTC students, regardless of program or major, though care should be taken to choose a machine suitable to the student’s program of enrollment.
Additional program details:
- The laptops models carried by the Campus Store were hand-selected by NTC IT professionals. Demonstration units will be available to view/try out in the Campus Store in early August.
- The laptops carried by the Campus Store are Business/Professional grade machines. These machines are of a higher-quality construction and are designed to withstand heavy use and frequent transport.
- The laptops come with a 12 month manufacturer warranty and students have the option to increase the warranty to 3 years for an additional charge. Please note, these are manufacturer's warranties that will cover parts against defects only, the warranties do not cover accidental damage related to drops and spills.
- Laptops are available for purchase by all current NTC students. A current schedule may be requested for verification purposes.
- Laptops may be preordered from July 31 through August 18. Students are able to using pending Financial Aid funds to place their order.
- Laptops are expected to ship out or be available for store pick up the week of August 21. Students who have placed an order will be notified when their laptop arrives.
- Students may cancel their preorder through August 19. Laptops are not returnable/refundable once they have been shipped/picked up.
Click here to view the laptops currently available for purchase through the NTC Campus Store.